Pilates for the Older Adult aimed at the 60ish+ age group
Taught by – Lucy Poynder
This class, taught by an instructor with more than 30 years experience in the fitness industry and 16 years teaching Pilates, is aimed at those who need a conditioning class that addresses the aches and pains that come with the ageing process.
However Pilates is so much more than a general exercise class as its benefits are manifold. It will:
- give you a stronger core making everyday activities easier to cope with
- correct imbalances within the body caused by everyday activities
- stretch out and ease aching muscles making you feel generally more comfortable
- ease a general ‘achey back’ (although you may be advised to seek advise from a physio or have a 1:2:1 session)
- give you a general feeling of wellbeing
Started in the 1920s by a German named Joseph Pilates this method of exercise has sustained a considerable audience since then.
Professional dancers and athletes have been using it for years and in recent years it has been modified for the general exercising public.
It is a wonderful, soothing but challenging method of exercise which concentrates the mind while strengthening and balancing the body.
It improves co-ordination, flexibility and posture and promotes a feeling of wellbeing.! !
Suitable for the unfit to the superfit participant.
As long as you can get up and down from the floor with reasonable ease then this is a class for you.
For further information please don’t hesitate to contact Lucy Poynder on 07712 809394 or email Lpoynder@btinternet.com